Tuesday, January 27, 2009

something bands should try to understand about being booking agent...

I'll make this simple and as non-offensive as possible: most bands...dont understand the first thing about booking shows ad being a booking agent. The few that do know...are hard to come by. Most dudes (or girls, for that matter) dont have the paitence to deal with booking but when it comes to their band making money, they have all of the time in the world. What I find most interesting is very few bands assume the responsibility of helping promote their own shows (it's no wonder some of you play to the people you are sleeping with and the staff of whatever venue.)

If the show does well, I dont make much money cause bands expect to get paid well. If the show does band, I have to hear about how I'am "a liar" and "ripping people off". Truth is....you are ripping yourself and I off: I spend alot more money promoting than some of you do on gas to get anywhere. You may feel like you are owed something...well, you're right. I owe some of you a punch across the mouth. That's it.

Until you understand where I'am coming from...continue to bitch. Keep trying to drag my slightly good name through the mud. Sue me. Try to break my spirit. It's not going to stop me. Your bullshit won't affect the things I have done and will do, in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment