Here are a few examples of why some venues are making it hard for bands to want to play in whatever town....
1. If a venue asks for a % of merch sales, it should be destroyed.
2. Venues that dont allow touring merch/roadie people in for free should be shut down (the easy way or the hard way).
3. Venues that only allow people to book shows at their place if they are a "regular" or attend meetings (and only those people) are fucking annoying.
4. Venues who dont provide one bottle of water per band member on stage needs to fucking die.
5. Any venue with jaded soundguys/soundgals should either fuck off or fire some of their employees.
Those are just a few....