Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Favorite Thing To Do At Work....pt. 1

I like giving people, especially lame scene kids, dirty looks. Apparently, while I'm far from 'threatening'...I have the face of a grizzled, jaded 20s something (to which I will neither agree nor deny). Maybe it's part defense mechanism (most people are suprisingly afraid of a dude who looks like he might stab someone)....or maybe it's my discontent for people who are trying to "change Detroit" showing through. Those people make me want to vomit. Alot.

Besides the dirty looks, I kinda dig talking to random people (if the conversation isn't interesting, I try to find an excuse as to why I have to keep working. Yes, I have done this to people who are NOT strangers.) Some people have really interesting stories (ie. Thornetta Davis, blues singer from Detroit). Other people, who will remain nameless, should stay the fuck home. Not only do I not like talking to these people...I also don't like knowing they are having fun and I'am not (some people should be banned from having fun for how much of a fucking douchebag they may or may not be.) Problem solving with drunks is another story all together. While some drunks are really easy to calm down, others need to be punched (I hate touching people I don't know but if it's to cause some sizable amount of genuine pain...I'am so there!) Being that I can be a shy person, having worked security and door at shows, I feel a little more comfortable in my own skin. In no way am I thanking my employers for some "gift" I have received...just reflecting on the fact that not every work enviornment is complimentary to the battle against ones personal demons, if you will.

Oh yeah, I like making up names and stories for strangers. Let me tell you, there are alot of really "slutty" girls and alot of guys named "fucking douchebag" that come to shows in Detroit....

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I used to do security at a music venue/nightclub in Vegas (speaking of sluts and douchebags) and I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete